Current capabilities enabled by AI
Currently, there is a series of services that enable resources for the community in the are of what is known as Aritificial Inteligence (AI). These platforms are fit to use via web in a model of consumption on-demand, with competitive prices that make sophisticated technologies at reach of many who can take advantage of them
The most popular providers of these technologies are Microsoft, Amazon, Google and IBM.
Microsoft Cognitive Services:
Through its cloud, Azure, Microsoft has enabled its AI platform called Cognitive Services. It is a group of tools and services designed by Microsoft to help developers create applications that are smart or learn automatically. This learning capability is known as Machine learning. In this case, Microsoft is in charge of checking that its platform has the capability of teaching itself and learning. In addition, Microsoft mantains and updates its services frequently, in order to use them through APIS with no need of a dense knowledge in AI or data science.
How can we make use of these services?
- These technologies can be used to create applications related to the following fundamental topics:
- Text and writing analysis
- Identification of people, faces and other characteristics.
- Chat bots that understand the users’ language.
- Object and environment recognition.
- Voice recognition.
With these technologies, other functional applications can be incorporated to allow systems to see, hear, speak, comprehend and interpret users’ needs. It is divided in five areas or categories: Language, knowledge, search, vision and voice.
Language services allow applications to process natural language and evaluate feelings in regards to a specific topic to do the analysis of opinions of text, recognition of entities, text translations, ortographic correctors and identify the language used.
These services create information maps and complex data to give smart recommendations, and, therefore, customized experiences for each user and a better experience and customer satisfaction.
It is a service with atificial intelligence fuctions that provides assistance to enrich the searching experience, may it be with images or similar products, or any other specific information.
The vision services give access to advanced algorithms of image processing to identify, moderate and give back information according to the analysis. Some services found are: Image classification, emotions recognition, as well as face, people and object recognition.
Facial recognition: This service is divided in several functionalities as follows:
- Detection: It seeks human faces in an image and recovers its location. In some devices it can be seen as a circle or square in the area where the face is.
- Features: After detecting the face, it calculates other attributes such as age, genre, facial hair or emotions.
- Reference points: It identifies some basic elements that make up the face, to save its coordinates and perform the necessary analysis.
- Identification: this functionality allows you to search the repository for registered people to try to identify the face that appears in the image.
Voice services can easily add capabilities to convert voice to text in real time, for scenarios such as voice commands, transcription and log analysis. Similarly, the models can be adapted to different expression styles, accents, unique user vocabulary and voice patterns.
- Voice to Text: It converts voice to text for cases such as voice commands, conversation transcripts and call center log analysis.
- Text to Voice: It convert text to audio, this tool can speak to users naturally, can be customized to change voice speed, tone, volume among others.
- Translation: It turns voice to text to a selected language.
The implementation of Artificial Intelligence challenges us to cross borders because they are revolutionizing all aspects of technology in different areas.
Incorporating this kind of technologies involves automating repetitive tasks, saving resources, simplifying the processes of information analysis and increasing productivity in order to meet the needs of users.
The AI implementation will be carried out gradually by the market. Once a company decides that it will use it, it will be necessary to go beyond the first step (the proof of concept project) and include it as part of the corporate strategy, impacting the areas of more opportunity and integrating it into productive platforms to complement each other as a whole. Technology firms specialized in the use of platforms will be essential to provide powerful support as enablers of this evolution.